Book your spot in a Brush Lettering Workshop by Durban designer and illustrator, Fathima's Studio on Saturday 28 April 2018 hosted at The KZNSA Mezzanine Gallery. Early bird specials for tickets end on 22 April.
- 27 April 2018
- General, KZNSA, Workshop
Book your spot in a Brush Lettering Workshop by Durban designer and illustrator, Fathima's Studio on Saturday 28 April 2018 from 09h00 - 12h30 at The KZNSA Mezzanine Gallery. Early bird specials for tickets end on 22 April.
Early Bird Special: 10% OFF if you book before 22 April 2018
Seats are limited to a small number so grab yourself a ticket asap! Check out the ticket page for details: http://bit.ly/FSworkshops
If you'd like to gift someone a ticket, get in touch to get a personalised voucher.
This course is for you if:
• you're in a creative field and are looking to increase your skills and up your game to take your work to the next level
• you're in a creative day job but don't have time to get creative on your own - this will help reignite your creative spark
• you aren't in a creative field but love making stuff, getting crafty and learning new skills
• you just want to attend an inspiring, fun event that's out of the norm, to gain a new skill and meet new like-minded people
Photograph by Niamh Walsh-Vorster
Level: Beginner - Intermediate
• Coffee/tea and chats
• A brief introduction to watercolours and brush lettering
• Explanation of the different tools and uses
• Demonstration of techniques
• Warm up and practice while learning how to use your tools and the techniques to achieve the right look
• Moving from practicing shapes to working with letterforms and words
• Working on your phrase (which you'll choose beforehand) to create a complete mini brush lettered piece for yourself
• *Optional* A watercolour brush lettering starter kit worth R450 (see ticket page for what that includes)
• A specially created workbook that will contain the main points from the class for you to refer to afterwards, space for your own notes, practice sheets, visual references and guides.
• Small groups mean you'll have the opportunity to have one-on-one attention with me to answer any specific questions you may have and help you through
What you'll take away:
• A more than basic knowledge of brush lettering and all the tools and techniques you'll be using
• Practical skills with watercolours and brush lettering to up your game in your personal or professional work
• Your own brush lettered quote piece created with your own hands
• *Optional* Your brush lettering starter package of art materials to keep you creating once you leave, containing all materials used in the class
• An inspirational experience learning with other like-minded creative individuals
• A great skill to show off and use in adding a personal creative touch to anything you do
Photograph by Niamh Walsh-Vorster
Instructor: Fathima Kathrada
"After over ten years in the creative industry and over six years working with illustration and hand lettering, I'm excited to be able to share the skills I've gained and crafted with others who'd like to be able to create beautiful things, while bringing people together for an inspiring experience. "
Q: Do I need to have any prior experience or skills for this?
A: Nope! Beginners are so welcome, many people who've attended in the past have never picked up a brush and still created beautiful pieces :)
Q: Is it suitable for my child?
A: I'd say it's suitable for about 14+