- 23 April 2020
Three KZN artists, Selloane Moeti, Thalente Khomo and Mthobisi Maphumulo will be auctioning their work online to raise funds for families and people during lockdown.
The auction will begin Friday 24 April at8am and end Monday 27 April at 8am. Pieces will be posted on the artist's social media accounts, the highest bidders will receive the artwork.
Artists facilitating and auctioning work:
Selloane Moeti : (FB)
@blk_peach twitter and IG
Mthobisi Maphumulo (FB)
mthobisi Maphumulo IG
Thalente Lama Khomo (FB)
Thobeka Dhlomo FB
@TheRealNinjaX on IG
- With this particular initiative of an online auction, aims to use art to raise funds for struggling people/families during this difficult time.
- Artists are aware of the realities of the majority of the people in this country. In a normal situation in South Africa, a majority of people, especially black people struggle to eat. The effect that the lockdown has had and will continue to have on the majority of people is what inspired this concept. The artists aim to do what they can to assist where possible.
- The auction of all pieces will happen online via the participating artists' social media platforms (see above). The bidding process will open on Fri 24 April 2020 at8am and close on Monday 27 April 2020 at 8am. The highest bidder for each piece gets the artwork. People are more than welcome to donate without bidding.
- Artists have had great responses on social media. The media is also responding well. The aim is to raise as much awareness as possible via the media to get a number of participants for the online auction this weekend.
- The Artists have identified a number oforganisations and individuals who will receive proceeds but suggestions are welcome.
PLEASE NOTE: Examples posted inevent page and Phansi Museum social media are only examples of the artists' work, official auction pieces will be posted on their social media platforms on Friday.
Please contact Thobeka if you have questions on 0818040350.