- 28 November 2020
The KZNSA is seeking 2 interns for a 4-month internship programme, starting 07 December – 07 April 2021. The internship provides a graduate, or new entrant to the job market with an opportunity to work in the arts & culture sector. The main duties of the intern will be:
• Assist the Gallery Director in mounting exhibitions, including de-installing outgoing exhibitions, wrapping artwork, cataloguing artwork information, making ready the gallery for new exhibitions
• Assist in producing vinyl and signage for exhibitions
• Assist in producing labels for artworks
• Assist with sales
• Engaging with the public around exhibitions
• Dealing with inquiries from the public and industry stakeholders
• Keeping up to date with news in the art industry
• Research for new exhibitions
• Additional ad hoc duties around the administration of an institution will also be required; such as minute taking
• Assist with publicity tasks
• Assist new artists where they wish to supply the shop
• Assist with facilitating supplier relations
• Assist with shop sales
• Assist with visual merchandising
• Assist with research to source new suppliers
Requirements: BA degree or equivalent diploma, minimum. Excellent writing skills and a willingness to learn are essential. A commitment to the arts, that aligns with the organisation’s operational philosophies and culture. A driver's license will be advantageous though not required.
Remuneration R6000 per month plus overtime.
Please note that this is a full-time position based in Durban and not open to students currently in the process of completing their degrees. Applicants should either be of South African nationality or be in possession of a valid work permit for South Africa.
Please forward a detailed CV and supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
This initiative is supported by the Presidential Stimulus Programme, VANSA and ArtBank of South Africa through the Department of Sports, Arts and Culture.