- 24 March 2021
- General, KZNSA
The KZNSA is looking for an innovative, tech savvy and flexible person wanting to work as a
consultant communications officer.
The Communications Officer is responsible for the KZNSA’s communication and publicity; including the website, social media, print media and other platforms where we are listed. The officer will work with the directors of the gallery to create content, engage audiences and develop and maintain the brand identity of the institution.
- Generate publicity content, including photography, short video and copy
- Create a schedule for publicity activities, including social media posts, newsletters, website updates, press releases, etc. and implement them
- Oversee and develop the communications strategy
- Website housekeeping and updates
- Manage website SEO and social media analytics
- Copyedit and proof read all publicity material
- Be liaison person for KZNSA partner platforms and listings, including online art fairs, Patreon, Google Arts & Culture, etc.
- Manage and develop relationships with journalists and press contacts
- Keep media database up to date
- Marketing degree or similar qualification and/or work experience
- Examples of social media experience
- Excellent visual and written literacy
- Ability to work under pressure
- Time management and organisational skills
- Familiar with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop essential)
- Own camera and laptop
- Part time role defined in a consultant MOU
- Start date 01 April 2021
- The communications officer be required to work from the gallery twice a week and attend events for content creation
- Remuneration R5,000 a month
Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org, applications to include a CV with
references, cover letter, copy of qualifications, copy of ID, two links to examples of work.
Closing date 29th March 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The KZNSA reserves the right to not fill this position.